How do you use Timeless skincare products?
In our previous blog post, we explained why serums should be the next addition to your skincare routine and what the best products from Timeless were. If you ended up purchasing some of those serums, you may be wondering how to use them properly.
What is the best combination? What is the correct order? Do you apply moisturizer after or mix it with the serums? We’ll answer everything in this blog post so you can get the best out of the Timeless serums and provide your skin with the benefits it deserves.
Most recommended AM/morning Timeless skincare routine
The most recommended combination of Timeless skin care products include the 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum, Vitamin B5 Hydration Serum, Coenzyme Q10 Serum, Squalane 100% Pure Refill, Hyaluronic Acid 100% Pure Serum and a moisturizer. This is specifically for your morning/AM routine.
Why is this combo of products so effective?
Using this routine will fix a wide range of problems including uneven texture and tone, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines and dry, irritated skin. If you are experiencing one or more of these problems, you are essentially killing a number of birds with one skincare routine stone that will improve your skin and give you a younger appearance.
- Always cleanse your face with a gentle facial cleanser first.
- Apply the Timeless Vitamin C Serum and allow it to quickly absorb into your skin.
- Next, it’s time for the Timeless Vitamin B5 Serum which will repair skin and reduce redness.
- Apply a thin layer of the Coenzyme Q10 Serum soon after. Note that since the Timeless Coenzyme Q10 Serum contains the ingredient Matrixyl 3000, which boosts collagen production and reduces the signs of aging, so you don’t need to use the Matrixyl 3000 Serum. With that said, you can alternate use between these two serums by taking one or the other each day.
- Go ahead with the Timeless Squalane Oil 100% Pure Refill next as it will not only reduce the amount of moisture your skin loses and regulate sebum production, but also provide protection from UV damage.
- Once you’ve done that, you can use the Timeless Hyaluronic Acid 100% Pure Serum to provide hydration to your skin. You can either apply it on its own or combine it with your moisturizer to help seal in the hydration. Always make sure to end your morning skincare routine with sunscreen or SPF as the last step.
Most recommended PM/night Timeless skincare routine
The most recommended combination of Timeless skincare serums for the night is almost the same.
- Start off with the Timeless Matrixyl Synthe 6 Serum instead of the Vitamin C once you’ve cleansed your face.
- Apply some of the Timeless Vitamin B5 Serum
- Now apply Timeless Hyaluronic Acid serum. Remember to always follow up your Hyaluronic Acid with moisturizer or combine the two. If you prefer, you can also combine the Hyaluronic Acid with a facial oil such as Argan Oil to help lock in the hydration.
There is no need for any sunscreen or SPF products to end your routine as it’s nighttime. Instead, let these serums work their magic overnight before continuing with your AM routine.
Matrixyl 3000 Serum or Matrixyl Synthe'6 Serum?
You will notice that Gen’C Beauty carries the Timeless Matrixyl 3000 serum and Matrixyl Synthe'6 Serum. Both these serums contain the Matrixyl 3000 ingredient, so it’ll be redundant to use both of them in the same routine. Whether you are using them in the AM or PM, it’s best to use just one of them at a time. So which one is best to use?
Difference between Matrixyl 3000 and Matrixyl Synthe 6 serum
Are fine lines and wrinkles your main concern? Are you looking to prevent them from happening or maintain the ones that are already present? If so, it’s probably best to stick with the Matrixyl 3000. Since this is a less stimulating polypeptide, you can use the Matrixyl 3000 during your daytime routine. It also works for all skin types.
However, if pronounced wrinkles as well as sun-damaged skin are your problems, we recommend going with the Matrixyl Synthe'6. However, it should be noted that the Matrixyl Synthe'6 Serum is more potent and concentrated than the Matrixyl 3000, so it is best to take it during your PM routine to avoid daytime elements. It is also recommended for those who don’t have sensitive skin, but if you still require it, it’s best to do a patch test and gradually introduce the serum into your routine until your skin can handle it.
These are just the recommended combinations for Timeless products. You don’t need to use all of them specifically nor are you limited to just these products. However, for the best results for a wide range of skin issues, we recommend you go ahead with these suggestions.